The most profound reason why BMW is a beloved car of many is the fact that it comes packed with powerful technology that always manages to surprise its users for their amazing features. But like many of its proud users you too may have difficulty in resetting its service indicator. There is nothing to be embarrassed about. The reason is that most of the time this is done by your mechanic. But in case you have to do it yourself here is an easy to understand guide that will let you reset it yourself.
Service indicators are one of the many things that make BMW such an amazing car. This is a simple gadget in your car that allows you to know when a maintenance review of your car is to be done. It is understandable that BMW manufacturers will not want everyone to know how this is reset. But there are many users that will not want to visit the dealerships just because they want to have their oil changed or whenever there is a small tinkering involved. For that matter it is best that you know how you can reset the service indicator yourself.
With numerous series of the car now available the procedure of resetting the service indicator is little different for every series. But the overall technique is somewhat generic. Read on to understand the process and do it yourself. Just remember that some of the steps look tedious and irrelevant but the fact that the car is intricately made these must be followed to the letter.
1) The first step will be to get inside your BMW and closing the door. Don’t leave it ajar but close it and fasten your seat belt.
2) Once you are done with this you will have to press the odometer reset button. Keep pressing it and while you are at it, you will need to place your key into the ignition and turn it to accessory position. By accessory position we mean when the dashboard lights are turned on.
3) Once it’s on the accessory position don’t let go of the odometer reset button. Keep it pressed down till you see that the service indicator light is flashing. Once it starts flashing all you have to do is wait as soon within a span of few seconds Reset will be displayed.
4) When the reset is displayed you can let go of the odometer button. But you will now again press it and hold it down again.
5) Once you do this you will find the LED lights that are five in number will light up. This is the sign that the service indicator’s system has been reset for the next maintenance schedule.
BMW is a wonderful car and there is no doubt about it. But you must understand that in case there is an issue with it you may have to pay considerable amount of money. Therefore if the above mentioned process is not working and requires something else with your series of BMW we recommend that you call your dealership to ask about it. Also let us know when you are trying to sell the car through our website Cash It Car UK. It is important that you don’t forget this as we do say that we buy any car but these little details can help us understand better what the price should be. There are many that will not be truthful or fear that they will not be able to get a good price. They fail to sell their cars and then complain that I couldn’t Sell my Car Online. The fact is as truthful you are the more easy the process will be.